Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 6.1 (Feet 'R Us)

We turned 24 weeks pregnant this week, which is about 6 months. Things are basically the same as they were last month. I still have backaches that keep me awake at night. My skin is still breaking out. I notice that my hair's thicker than usual. Whereas I could be the poster girl for Regroe 6 months ago, now I feel I'm ready for my Pantene ad. Naks.

The baby's the size of an ear of corn now, which is weird because I've been told he's approximately the size of a papaya last month. Isn't papaya bigger than mais? Anywho.


Here's what we look like now -


My belly should be all baby-no food, because I try not to eat so much anymore. Well, with the exception of today's brunch. I had bacon and grilled chicken swimming in melted cheese, between heavenly buttery croissant. PLUS, I had one buttermilk pancake after. The fries also tasted like they were actually cooked in butter. Yum. They tasted soooo good. 

Pao agrees -

I'm hoping I could make up for this next week. No more desserts I guess, except for those fruit cups from the supermarket. Booo.

This month, the spotlight is on my feet. I seem to have gone a size and a half larger than my usual shoe size. I tried on my regular office shoes yesterday and they don't fit anymore. Hala.I'm scared of the cost of having to refurbish my office wardrobe, shoes included. Will my feet return to normal? Gad, please.

Also, my soles and legs are tired all the time. As in achy breaky feet. My solution is to stay away from closed shoes on weekends. I've taken to wearing sandals (1 1/2 sizes bigger) that have excellent sole support instead. They're not very fashionable, but they will have to do at this point.


That's all for now. I'm feeling very sleepy. I had to stay awake late last night because I was on a bidding war for maternity clothes on ebay. I won, of course. Yey. Zzzzzzzz.

No comments: