Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Results Are In

We learned yesterday that we're going to have a...


As you can hear above and see below, Pao is happy...

I am too. But I'm happier that our pregnancy's coming along smoothly; nothing in there that should be cause for concern. Since counting our baby's ten tiny fingers, I realize that every bit of a child ought to be considered a miracle. It's just amazing how this life is growing inside me as I go about my usual business. He has a face already! Do you see? Do ya?

We've had names set aside for both a baby boy and a baby girl even when we were still trying to get pregnant. The one for the baby girl was set in stone. The one that we're going to use for baby boy Zamora is still under negotiation. I love both first and second names. Pao only has issues with what his initials will be. We'll see how that turns out. Meanwhile, at least I'm spared from having to use "him/her," "s/he," and "his/hers" everytime I write about our baby. From now on, baby Zamora will definitively be referred to as a HE.

By the way, the voting on whether our baby's going to be a boy or a girl came out even. Split down the middle. 50-50. But the ONLY person who expressly got the baby's gender correctly is our friend Grace. To Grace, here's your 5 seconds of fame as promised...

Winner! In closing, I'd just like to say to our active little boy that I apologize, on behalf of your dad, for exposing your "happy parts" to our friends this early. We're just so excited to meet you. Your dad is especially excited to take you to his Saturday basketball games. He's happy he'll have you to hang around it, instead of lugging my shopping bags around all the time. I hope you understand.

Anyway, I promise to keep this entry, and the accompanying video, within our network of friends. When you grow old enough to create your own presence in the Internet through Twitter or Facebook or whatever is the equivalent of these things 20 years down the road, I promise Multiply and your mother's blog will no longer be around to cause you shame. XOXO Mommy 

No comments: