Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Itlog (Para Maiba)

Except for a pair of denim jeans, all of my maternity clothes come from Egg. We do have local brands specializing in maternity wear, i.e. Gingersnaps, Pois Belly & Kids, Buntis, but their clothes make pregnant women look like tents, which we don't like. No, no, no.

Before the New Zealand brand began closing their stores in the Philippines, their clothes were ridiculously expensive. Shirts alone cost PhP2000 upwards. No one could make me buy maternity clothing at those prices, even when they're the only decent-looking ones in the market. I just don't think it's practical to have to shell out so much money for something that you'd wear for only a short period of time.

But Egg's "moving out" of the Philippines - permanently - and they've been on sale since. Luckily, the only remaining Egg store in the country is just a 10-minute walk from where I work. I've been there so many times now, the salespersons already know me. Hihi Here's my latest loot...

                                                   3/4 Sleeve - Damask Top in Gray and Black
                                                       Regular Price: PhP2000 / Now: PhP600

                                                    Short Sleeve - Damask Top in Cauliflower
                                                     Regular Price: PhP1500 / Now: PhP450

                                                                  Gathered Top in Red
                                                   Regular Price: PhP2800 / Now: PhP500

                                                                   Seamless Top in Baby Pink
                                                           Regular Price: PhP1100 / Now: PhP330

Since I'm now BFFs with the ladies from Egg, I get free stuff everytime I pay them a visit. This time, I got to take home this bathrobe with matching bedroom slippers for free. Woohoo. (Grace, the bedroom slippers are for you.)

I'm hoping though that these don't bleed in the wash, like the last free stuff I got

No comments: