Friday, July 31, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 5.1 (Midway)

We turned 5 months pregnant this week. Hoorah! If things go well (which I claim they will), we should be halfway there.



At this point, the baby's the size of a grapefruit...

...and I look noticeably pregnant, not just busog. See?


One of the issues that I had when we first learned I was pregnant, was the fear of people touching my belly. I'm very particular about my personal space. In fact, I have a batchmate in law school whom I still dislike because she placed her bag too near my bag in the rest room five years ago.

But now, I find I like people touching my belly to interact with the baby while s/he's inside. With my consent, of course. Just ask first. I think touching makes the baby feel welcome, and that people in the outside world can't wait to meet him/her. Sometimes, s/he likes to show off by surfing in the puddle of fetal urine that is called my amniotic fluid. So I think s/he's responding well to touch.

Speaking of which, the baby's moving a lot this month. I was starting to feel paranoid about not feeling any baby kicks last week. Now the baby's making up for it.  For reference, the baby's movements feel like a heart that I've grown in my stomach is pumping serious blood. It throbs but in a good way. I just love the feeling. It's very reassuring.


Finally, I notice that I like to eat a lot AND more frequently these days. Since I learned during our last doctor's visit that I gained 8lbs in the last month alone, I've been trying to cut back on the sweets and to watch my diet. So far, I've been successful. I've gained a healthy 3lbs since. But the recent rainy weather is just tempting me to indulge on sisig and bulalo. Ah. We'll see.



Next month, we'll know if the baby will grow up to be handsome like his daddy or beautiful (and sometimes handsome) like me. 


No comments: