Sunday, April 26, 2009

By Faith

Pregnancy is an obsessive compulsive's nightmare. Ordinarily, I could tick-box my way out of anything. Heartbeat ok? Check. Lungs developing? Check. But I couldn't do that HERE, considering that the baby is growing inside me. That's obviously a  place I cannot see all the time, except maybe if I buy myself my own sonogram machine. Boohoo.

My obsessing over the baby has thus been limited to keeping myself informed. We Google and read as much material as we can, through which I soon learn that so many things can go wrong.

There's Subchorionic BleedingGestational Diabetes,Preeclampsia etc. It is especially distressing that we really have no control over some, if not most, of these things. Preeclampsia specifically can be genetic. So I can eat healthy, get the rest I need, but there will still be no guarantee that everything will turn out okay.

Enter FAITH - an act of trust and confidence.* And surely, the only thing worth holding on to when the tangible just won't do.

As you can tell by now, I am super excited about the new addition to our family, especially as a first time parent. I have fears, yes, but I won't let those overshadow the magnitude of my faith. I'm simply claiming, it will all be okay in the end.

(*See Hebrew 11 NIV "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see ...)

No comments: