Saturday, April 25, 2009

House Arrest

I've been out of the loop for sometime because I was placed under house arrest. I had early pregnancy complications, maybe because of all of the crazy things that we did when we were yet ignorant of the tiny person who's been growing in my belly. Doctor calls it a threatened abortion, which I understand is a medical term for spotting and bleeding during pregnancy, so I was compelled to take one week's worth of bed rest.

I haven't been to work since Monday. Where I was was on our BED, RESTing. My bed rest police by the name of Paolo, would not allow me to even use the computer. I was to rise from our bed only when I had to go to the bathroom or when I had to eat, both of which I also did in our room, by the way. Anywho, anything to keep the baby safe and healthy.

WiFi + iTouch allowed for browsing the Internet even when I was lying down. 

I also finished reading those books that I started reading during the Holy Week. Of course, Pipo kept me company.

I don't know why I caught a cold and a mild cough when I was literally just resting the entire week. I think it's my body's way of telling me that I need to work, or at least find something to do to be productive. It's just the way my entire system is wired.

We went to the doctor yesterday to check on the baby, and it turns out s/he's okay now. I can go back to work on Monday but would have to limit my travels. I read that only half of women with threatened abortions continue to have viable pregnancies, so we're still very lucky.

Everything's going to be fine from now on. Say that with us now...

No comments: