Thursday, May 7, 2009

All By My-se-he-helf

Being pregnant has its advantages: I'm excused from all manual labor. I get one of few remaining chairs during office parties. I can take a "nap" for four hours on weekend afternoons and not be called lazy...

The downside is, especially with a delicate pregnancy, I don't get to move as much as I'd like to. I've stopped taking my weekly jogs. Pao won't let me drive to places alone (except when I have to go to work.) And today through tomorrow, while everyone in our office has gone to a Team Building/Outing in Tagaytay, I'm left at my cubicle, with nothing to do. I blame it all on my OB, who won't let me wear high heels, much less travel. So see, all of the cubicles in my Department are empty. There's just me. Boohoo.

Since my boss isn't around, my To-Do list today consisted only of finalizing and filing two pleadings, one of which I didn't even draft. That's all done by 10 A.M. In addition to writing this blog, other options to occupy my time until the workday ends are: (1) Blog again in two hours; (2) Read that book that I brought; (3) Go to Saizen - the 800 sq.m. store that sells useless knicknacks from Japan - after what I plan to be a verrrrry loooooong lunch; and (4)...well, that's about that.

Writing this blog took about 15 mins. Very good. Now all I have to worry about are the remaining 360.

No comments: