Monday, May 11, 2009

The Case of the Assumed Pregnancy

Okay. I am eight weeks along and still feeling generally fine. I have no unusual cravings for food. I don't have morning sickness/es. I'm not at all feeling depressed. As far as I know, my armpits are still the same color as they were before I became pregnant. (Too much information, teehee)

People tell me I should be thankful for having such a pleasant first trimester. I am. The fact that I've developed rashes all over, and that I often lose sleep at night because I can't seem to empty my bladder enough before going to bed, are nuisances that I can still handle.

However, I feel sorry for Pao because I think he is accordingly deprived of the experience of playing the role of expectant father. For example, since I don't have food cravings, I have never asked Pao to buy seedless grapes for me in the middle of the night like pregnant women do in the movies. Talagang kailangan ito!

So to make up for the lack of drama, I sometimes ask Pao to bring home random things, like a book I've been wanting to read, fruit shake, Jamaican Patties etc. Mostly I try to limit myself to things that can be bought at the mall, considering these aren't really legitimate cravings but just off-the-top-of-my-head-taking-advantage food/shopping orders.

I don't know if Pao has noticed. Well, maybe now that I've written about it, I'm sure word will get around about my pretensions. But I'm also sure that Pao won't stop scavenging for the items in my wish lists even if he knew that I was simply making them up. He's so excited about the baby to even care. I think, based on objective evidence below, that he's even the one having food cravings on my behalf.

                                   BEFORE : Friday's burger the size of a human head

                                    AFTER : What's left of the ketchup and a butter knife

No comments: