Saturday, May 30, 2009

Home Alone

There's not much I can do on weekends nowadays. I used to go to malls together with the rest of the population. But I'm having serious fears about acquiring the flu, H1N1 or otherwise; I'd rather keep away from crowds until the baby turns 18 years old (at least).

I used to also spend weekends chatting with friends over a cold beer or two. But drinking's obviously out of the question now, plus there's the second-hand cigarette smoke in bars that I can't get exposed to.

I could watch a movie again. But, damn, those things cost a lot. If I had my MTRCB Deputy Card again I wouldn't care. But since I have to pay for movies now, I have a self-imposed limit of watching only two per week. Too bad I reached that limit yesterday. Besides, there aren't too many good movies showing anyway.

So as in the past two months, I'm staying at home on a Saturday, alternately writing and reading a book with trusty Pipo for company. I still look forward to weekends, because I get to sleep in and eat breakfast leisurely. But things are not the same. Maybe I should start a hobby? Pottery? Knitting? God forbid, cross-stitching? Hay.

Ikaw. How do you spend your weekends?

No comments: