Saturday, May 23, 2009

Not True

Like I said, I have not had any discomfort related to pregnancy so far, or at least none of those that I couldn't handle, i.e. nausea, aversion to food, extreme mood swings. My only complaint is that my skin has been breaking-out like I'm a teenager again.

This should not be a cause for medical concern, but it gets pretty annoying. Clothing-wise, I've resisted wearing dresses that show off my back because it's blotchy and peppered with rashes. Accck.

I'm sure this is all related to the unusual surge of hormones in my body, but I asked my doctor anyway. Surprisingly, she just brushed off my question with: "Ganyan talaga. 'Pag buntis, pumapangit." 

I would have willingly believed her were it not for how these celebrities looked like while they were carrying a child (or two)...

                                                                    Heidi Klum

                                                                 Angelina Jolie

                                                          Daphne Osena-Paez

Except for the big baby bumps, these ladies look the same as they did before getting pregnant don't they? Hindi sila pumapangit. So why, why, must anyone suffer a different fate?!

Ah, mother was right once again. Sometimes, life can be unfair.

(Last photo from Daphne's blog. See here.)

No comments: