Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 2.1

We took our first pre-natal lab tests yesterday. Apparently, there are other things mothers have to do before actually delivering a baby, in addition to eating a lot and waiting anxiously.

Our doctor had the good sense to send us to a diagnostics lab outside her hospital, because we had the good sense to tell her lab tests at the Cardinal are way overpriced.  She seconded our observation, to my surprise, and sent us on our way to this more affordable clinic in San Juan.

The clinic is clean and the employees are professional. I had to drink a glass full of what looked like powdered detergent dissolved in water. It turned out to be only sugar. Lasang arnibal. Yummy.

We had to wait an hour...

Before they can take my blood sample...

It's a good thing I don't have a problem with needles, although I do have a problem with blood. Significant amounts make me queasy, but small vials aren't bad.

And then just like that, we were done. Took only an hour and a half, and cost only half as much as a TVS ultrasound at the Cardinal. Great time and resource investment for a healthy pregnancy. Bow.  

No comments: