Sunday, June 21, 2009

Egg Lovin'

I'm beginning to feel a little guilty when I wear pants that are tight on the waist now, even though I am far from looking like a sausage. I just think the baby needs some personal space. Plus I get the occasional weird stares when I'm wearing jeans. Given that, yes, my regular jeans are pretty slim fitting.

So even though I still look like I've only had too much to eat for lunch, I decided to already buy myself my first set of maternity clothing today. Destination: EGG.

It's true what they say, one man's loss is another man's gain. EGG maternity, a company based in New Zealand, is closing all of its stores in the Philippines. The importers probably realized their clothes are way overpriced for a third world country like ours. Kaya ayan, all remaining stocks are now at 50% to 70% off. Piesta kabayan.

I don't know if local maternity stores also have this, but what I love about EGG is their fake belly. You strap it on like this, see, so you get an idea how your clothes will look like when you're farther down your pregnancy. Hihi


I got two of these in black for work, so I'd have a back-up for when the main one is in the laundry.

Regular Price: PhP3000
Now: PhP1500 (50% off)



















I got one of these too in "sand," which is just a fancy term for brown. This one will do double duty for weekends and work.

                                                               Regular Price: PhP3000
                                                               Now: PhP900 (70% off)

And then I got one of these bootleg jeans. I'm loving how this fits me now, although I'm not sure if this can take me through the entire 9 months. It's already snug around my hips, which I assume will eventually reach out-of-this-world proportions. Maybe I should get as much mileage out of these while I can. I could wear them to bed. Hmmm.

                                                                        Regular Price: PhP3300
                                                                        Now: PhP990 (70% off)

By the way, EGG gave us this shirt (for free) for shopping on a Father's Day. Ayos. 






















Tops, maternity underwear and swimwear are also all on sale, with prices ranging from PhP300 to PhP800.

EGG is in Robinsons Galleria. They used to have an outlet in Glorietta but I haven't seen that since. Maybe the one in Galleria is the only store remaining in the Philippines. Even if, going there sure beats having to order online and paying extra for shipping. So check them out why don't cha. Wag niyo lang ubusin ha, kasi bibili pa akong t-shirt. Toodles.

No comments: