Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 6.2 (Kicker)

The baby's growing up so fast this month, I can't keep up with the fruit references anymore. Four days ago, he was the size of a rutabaga.

What is that, you ask? Apparently, a root crop that looks more or less like this.

Now, he's the size of an eggplant.


From all the kicking that I've been getting, I'm thinking he's a very active eggplant. Really, baby's movements are getting stronger by the day. Sometimes, he even wakes me up in the middle of the night by doing somersaults inside my uterus. But that's fine. I like the feeling and I actually take pride in the fact that these are sensations only mommies can feel.


What's new this month is that the pregnancy tracking application that I've been using on iTouch appears to have teamed up with the people at whattoexpect.com. So my updates are lengthier now, and what do you know, the grammar isn't so bad anymore.

I've been pregnant for a while already, which may explain why I seem to have taken what I'm eating for granted. This week, I had a bag of potato chips (eaten over a couple of days) for the first time in months. I also "treat" myself to a cookie after each meal, instead of the usual pineapples and grapes. Hala. I'm hoping I'll get back on the right nutritional track for the few remaining months. Maybe Pao should be my eating coach. Or...maybe not. Baka pakainin pa ako ng Bart Burger nyan.

Some issues that would have to be resolved this month are: (1) whether or not to take childbirth classes; (2) when to have our pregnancy portraits taken; (3) how to get and train a new helper for the baby; (4) decide on a first name already; (5) when and where to get our 4D ultrasound (BTW, what is the 4th dimension?); and (6) whether or not to use disposables or cloth diapers, so I can have my mom bring home diaper covers when she gets back. Gad. I feel so grown up. 

No comments: