Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 6.3 (Progress)

I finally got around to buying diaper covers for the baby. The plan is to use cloth diapers in the morning and disposables at night. The latter being the time when we all would want peace and quite, which we are [more] unlikely to achieve with mildly absorbent cloth diapers.
Since I will be mixing cloth and disaposables, I did not hoard as I am disposed to do. Instead, I just got three, from this site (way cheaper than local site Pinoy Baby), in blue, red and yellow...

...for when baby campaigns for Noynoy from the comforts of his play pen. Yey.



I also got around to signing up for childbirth classes with Rome Kanapi. I Googled and her name is what came up in the PACE* website, so here we are. I just told Pao this morning that we'd have to spend 3 hours of 5 of our Sundays attending the class. Ang sagot, "Ba't ganun? Ang tagal!" I guess he doesn't feel the need to go to these things. After all, a 6-8 lb. human being with hair and fingernails will not be passing through his non-existent birth canal. He will be there just to take pictures. Ladida for him.


Frankly, I would not want to mingle with similarly pregnant people as myself. I'm not a sociable kind of person so that's not really one of my objectives for attending the childbirth class. I just want to be informed. Of course childbirth will still be painful. I'm also sure nothing I've ever known has helped with any kind of pain that I was experiencing. But as the great Ernie Baron once told us (God rest his soul), knowledge is power! 


Sure it is. Ouch.


*PACE stands for Philippine Association for Childbirth Education. If you're also expecting, their contact details are here.

No comments: