Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The world traveler's wife

Where in the world is Paolo Zamora? He's here...



...which means I have to drive myself to work until he comes back. It's been so long already. It's a wonder why I haven't forgotten the mechanics of it all yet.

I'm especially reminded of how Metro Manila traffic could be literally heart-stopping. By "traffic," I mean not just the general term by which a mass of vehicles lined up one after the other is called. I mean people driving vehicles. Mga walang EQ! Tse!


Here, lanes, traffic signs, and traffic lights are all suggestions. Motorbikes seem to be exempted from traffic rules, i.e. they will overtake you from all sides. And the phrase "first come, first served" does not apply. What applies, as in politics, is "Matira matibay."
I try to avoid the rush by coming in and going home earlier than usual. But still. Hindi ko kakayanin. 

Please come home.

No comments: