Sunday, November 29, 2009

Announcement

We're home! Welcome the new star of the theclosetoptimist show, Ruben Malachi. The meaning of Malachi (prounounced Ma-la-kai) you already know. Ruben, on the other hand, means "Behold, a son." It is of Spanish origin, but we like to read our son's name the Pinoy way, as in "Oy, Ruben. Sinabi nang 'wag..." 

I can't believe I finally gave birth. I'm a mom. Woohoo. Since coming home yesterday, I successfully changed my first dirty diaper, breastfed for the first time (with milk, not colostrum this time), and gave Malik his first bath. I'm so proud of myself. And also so proud of the husband. He helps around a lot. Say cheese, boys.*

I hope to blog as much as I used to, but I'm quickly finding out that this motherhood business requires serious commitment. (Can you believe it took me 5 1/2 hours to write this blog? I had to squeeze in sentences between feedings and lullabies. Nya.) So until we get our groove on, please expect less of the talking and more random photos of this angel right here.

Hello, fans.

* First official family picture, taken minutes after Malachi's world debut.

No comments: