Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 9.4 (Wrapping up)

I didn't think it was possible to finish all my pending work at such short notice, but I did it! Now I'm ready to concentrate on just giving birth and taking care of Malik-ot. This is the longest I will be "without" work since I joined the workforce. For sentimental reasons, I took this photo of my workspace before closing shop last night. Yes, my table always looks that spiffy. Farewell, cubicle. See you in February!

I'm glad I wrote all those blogs about my pregnancy for the last 9 months. I spent a considerable amount of time last night going over them. Ah, to be pregnant for the first time and clueless. For the same sentimental reasons, I took this photo of my belly last Sunday. Farewell, pregnancy aches. See you again in __ years!

Since this may be the last of my pregnancy journals, I'm writing down random bits of information that are too random to merit separate blogs on their own -

* A stranger touched my belly (gasp!) for the first time last week. It happened at the L'Oreal sale. Don't cha worry, she's still alive. Although in my mind, she was pretty mangled.

* I gained 33 lbs. total during this pregnancy. The worst were my 4th and 8th months when I gained a whopping 8 lbs. each. Fear not. I shall lose the baby weight before you all know it. Just like this woman here. Uh-huh.

I'm officially on maternity leave now and will be having myself admitted later this afternoon. Until then, I will be running a few errands, paying credit card bills and depositing checks here and there. I should be done with all the hassle by lunch. After which, the real challenge begins. Dan-dan-dan-dan.

No comments: