Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 9.2 (Ready, set)

Here's a photo of me this morning, just outside our doctor's office, where we found out quite unexpectedly, that I'd have to give birth by next weekat the latest It turns out my low lying placenta has kept a "low profile" (teehee) even at this stage, which means I still officially have placenta previa.

Previa means I can't risk going into labor, because my cervix dilating will cause my placenta to detach which isn't supposed to happen until after the baby is born. So to obviate any danger of bleeding, we'd have to get Malachi out of the comforts of his uterine home as soon as he's able to thrive in our world. Fortunately for us, that would be next week, when I will be past full-term (I am at 37 1/7 weeks now). We chose November 25, next week's Wednesday, as the date. Mark your calendars.

Hmmm. I may be psychic. I remember telling you last night to check back in a bit to see if I've already delivered. I didn't think it would be this soon. I had MCLEs scheduled for the first week of December. Pao has a conference scheduled Thursday through Saturday next week. I haven't even begun turning over my pending work yet. Oh well.

Gotta go. I have some baby bag packing, medical records organizing, and check clearing to do. Deez eeez eeet! 

No comments: