Friday, November 13, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 8.4 (Michellin Mom)

I feel like it's been a lifetime of baby-carrying for me. My joints and extremities agree. They hurt a lot these days like they've been subjected to the cruelest form of weight-lifting. My right foot is especially swollen. Hmmm. That should be one of the greatest mysteries of this pregnancy. Why oh why is my right foot fatter than my left? 

For the record, on my 8th month of pregnancy, I sent my wedding rings on sabbatical. They're tucked away in a safe place now, until I'm able to wear them again without leaving "ring marks" on my finger.

This month, I've also resembled the Michellin Man. I bear all the body parts of a swollen cartoon character. Check it.

Nose? Check.

Cheeks? Check.

Ankles? Can't see them?  I don't blame you. My ankle bones disappeared some weeks ago. I can't find them too. Boohoo.

Belly? Check.

My pregnancy tracker says we're 35 weeks and 2 days along today. This means, if Malachi decides to stay in my womb the whole nine yards, I only have 33 days to go until I give birth. Can you believe it? That's just a month plus a measly 3 days!

When an event you've been waiting for reaches the "isang buwan na lang" mark, like Christmas, it is customary to begin a countdown to D-day. In keeping with tradition, and my recent success with counters, I'm placing a pregnancy widget on this blog.


There's Malachi, happily floating in my uterus for the last 8 months, also waiting for the day when he's ready to come out. Just looking at the numbers makes me excited. Konti na lang, sa wakas.

* I got the pregnancy widget from Widgetbox, where you can also get such other widgets as virtual pets. It has super easy to follow instructions for installation. Coolness.

No comments: