Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 7.4 (Go, migrate!)

We were informed yesterday that I may have to give birth by C-section. I was initially relieved, because God knows how scared I am of even the thought of pushing a human being out of me. It doesn't matter that that was how nature intended childbirth to be. I'm just scared.

But then the thought of having major surgery and then taking a longer time to recover, scared me equally. I know 30% of women who give birth, do it by C-section (sometimes even by choice). And that, when safe childbirth is your priority, a cesarean delivery is the way to go. But I fear our case is a lot more complicated. I am not giving birth by C-section because I want to. It's because I have to.


Baby and I have a month to go before our doctor finally decides on our birth plan. I'm ready to face my fear of a normal delivery, if only my body would cooperate. Now we're praying that God gives my placenta a passport and a visa already, so he can migrate away from my cervical opening in time for baby's birth.

Please pray with us. 

No comments: