Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 8.1 (Realignment)

We turned 8 months pregnant today. Hoorah!

I won't bother you anymore with the usual litany of aches and pains. Alam niyo na yun. I'll just show you how huge I've become compared to last month. It's like I swallowed an entire water melon overnight.

   Front View

  Side View

When Seated

On the brighter side, my belly has taken on a very practical purpose. I sometimes use it as a table of sorts, on which I could place the bowl of peanuts that I like to eat while watching TV on the bed. I can also use it to prop up my head, for when I'm thinking or sulking or trying hard to be cute like this. Achuchu-chu.

My hands are showing significant signs of swelling too. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to put on my wedding ring. As you can see, my ring finger has a bewang now. Haha

My nose and feet have begun to retain a lot of water. I wear my shoes without the laces. Because of the magic of pre-natal swelling, my Chucks stay on my feet without external reinforcement. No hassle!

I've given up on the stretchmarks. Like my belly, they also seem to have appeared overnight. I don't care. What matters is I have only 8 more weeks to go before the baby is born. Eggciting!

P.S. If you're wondering why this blog is subtitled "Realignment," it's because I decided yesterday to cancel our childbirth class registration. The decision isn't because I'm counting on a C-section. It's just that I don't have time anymore. (1) I feel exhausted all the time and would like to take the opportunity to get more sleep on weekends; (2) The expenses are starting to pile up and I think the registration fee of PhP4,000 may be put to better use; and (3) My mom gave birth without the benefit of a childbirth class, so I'm assuming I'm genetically able to do that too. Oh well.

No comments: