Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pregnancy Journal 8.2 (The Elephunk)

I'm often grouchy these days, I don't know why. I get into "minor" quarrels with waiters and salespeople, say, if their service is slow or if the airconditioning is turned on too low. Of course I end up regretting my bad temper, after all has been said. By then it would be too late. Bahd.

My morning was off to a similar bad start today. I found out just when I was rushing to get to work, that all my maternity pants are in the laundry. I would not have fussed over it, ordinarily. But these are not ordinary times.
You see, my only remaining office bottoms are skirts and I have been swearing them off since I became so bloated. Look. I honestly feel like I have elephant legs -



Here's a tighter view. Notice all the spider veins. Eeek. (WARNING: Image not for the queasy or for people who still believe that pregnant people have a certain "glow" to them. Blah.) -



Even my watch barely fits anymore. It literally leaves a mark on my wrist when I take it off.



The solution I have in mind is to stay seated for most of today to hide my lower extremities under the desk. However, that would not be very friendly to my back. And at this point, we all agree I'd rather stay comfortable than be pleasing to look at.

Kebs. I guess I'll just pretend nothing's the matter with my elephunk.

No comments: